Thursday, March 3, 2011

Ultra Femme


January 26th: I’m at a point with this experiment where I want to slap the knitter I was 5 years ago, because I’m realizing that a mistake or two on a project makes the difference between its wearability and it staying unworn. So it is with my Ultra Femme. I didn’t like the giant bow on her tummy in the picture, so I left off the bow and the belt loops entirely. Mistake, because it doesn’t fit right without a tie under the bust, so now I wear it with a ribbon tied in the back, but it really should be attached. Maybe I’ll add the belt loops now. The bigger problem, that makes me want to KICK myself, is that I didn’t understand when I made this that weaving in ends must be done on the sides of a garment. Somehow, I ended the skeins right in the middle of the garment, so the ugly ends are right on the belly either way I wear this. I’m going to try to reweave them, but it makes me want to rip out the cotton and redo the bottom. The top part, I should say, is quite lovely and delicate, which makes me so irritated about the rest of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment